Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge

7:41:00 AM


As I was randomly browsing the reading challenges on the internet, I stumbled upon this one. And I thought, "I MUST join this one!" And so here I am, making a post about it. :)

The thing about me is that when it's time for me to choose which book to read next on my TBR pile, I usually pick the new releases. Because everyone will be talking about it and I don't want to be that person who'll be left behind. I always have that desire to join in the discussion so whenever it's time to choose, I always select the latest ones. And those old releases get neglected and sometimes forgotten. I feel guilty about it and I'm slowly remedying that now and hence why I decided to join this reading challenge. It's the perfect opportunity to knock off the titles that have been in my TBR pile for so long.

Beat the Backlist Challenge is a reading challenge created by Novel Knight. This challenge will run for the entire year (January 1st to December 31st, 2017). You can read any book as long as it’s released prior to 2017.

My goal for this challenge is 20 books. What the heck! That’s too low, Alyssa! Hold your horses, folks. The reasons why I’m setting a low goal are 1.) I easily change my mind and 2.) I have a feeling that 2017 will be a very busy year for me because I’ll be teaching again. That can still change so you can check my blog (I’ll be making a page just for this challenge) or my Goodreads’ profile to be updated with the books that I’ll be reading for this challenge. Without further ado, below are the books that I’m planning to read next year. It’s a tentative list so I might change my mind about which books to read.

1. The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
2. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
4. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
5. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
7. Wait for You by J. Lynn
8. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
9. Vicious by V.E Schwab
10. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
11. Wings by Elizabeth Richards
12. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
13. Reboot by Amy Tintera
15. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
16. Player in Paradise by Rebecca Lewis
17. Poison Study by Maria V. Synder
18. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
19. Winter by Marissa Meyer
20. Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins


Also, I’ll be participating in the Hogwarts House Cup Mini Challenge too. Go Slytherin!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I've been looking at the challenges for 2017 and I'd probably do this one as well. hahaha, I have too many books that's been sitting in my shelf for more than a year. I'll probably go around Allegiant next year as well (after doing a reread of the first two though).

    Good luck Alyssa! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be rereading the first two too! I can't remember anything. Hahaha. Good luck to the both of us! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy To All the boys I've loved before, it's a beautifally cinematic book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of all the books you listed, I'm most excited for you to get to read To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Winter! They're such amazing books! Also excited for Wires and Nerve and Always, and Forever, Lara Jean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! To all the boys I've loved before? YES! Winter?? YES ZOMG! Hope you enjoy reading those books! <333 #Bloghop2017

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't heard of this challenge before! it looks like such a good idea. i really loved the vampire academy series! i need to read falling kingdoms myself, it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm also doing this challenge, and I also signed up for Slytherin! Not sure what I'd like to read just yet, but I'll figure it out. Good luck!

    Alyssa @ Purple People Readers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never actually read The Retribution of Mara Dyer, so I never found out how the books ended... I loved Vampire Academy, Unearthly, and City of Heavenly Fire and hope you do too.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete